01. When you meet your partner’s family you will be able to understand everything that is being said in your company.
02. Your partner’s family will feel more comfortable knowing that you've taken the time to learn their language and will know that you are taking the relationship seriously.
03. If your partner’s friends come round to visit you will be able to join in conversations and feel more involved in his/her friendships.
04. Your partner will appreciate your willingness to embrace a part of his/her culture and it will strengthen your relationship.
05. Knowing your partner’s language will enable you to understand his/her culture better.
06. If your partner is from another country he/she will at some time want to visit his homeland and as his partner it is expected that you will accompany him, you will enjoy the trip much more if you can speak the language.
07. Learning another language and culture helps you to better understand your own. Knowing another language and culture affords you the unique opportunity of seeing yourself and your own culture from an outside perspective.
08. You will be able to make new friends. People who speak other languages fully appreciate the effort and desire learners expend to get to know their culture and to communicate with them.
09. You will be able to help your child get to know your partner’s language.
10. Speaking another language is a skill that is valued by employers, not only can it increase your employment prospects but it will enable you to converse with others who speak the language and live in your community.
And if that is not enough to convince you, imagine all the fun you can have with your partner whilst learning.